Friday, November 2, 2012

Trying to be Grateful

So since I last posted about my pregnancy some things have happened, I'll fill you in.

I've:
  • been diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (more info in my last post and here)
  • continued to throw up a lot
  • lost most of my appetite
  • have many food aversions
  • lost almost 30 lbs
  • went to the ER a second time
  • am now on home health IV therapy
  • found some solace and support here and here.
  • prayed a lot
There are more things, but those are the highlights. It's been hard and I'm trying very much to be grateful and have a good attitude these days because I have to take it one day at a time no matter what, and I figure I might as well try to be happy.

Also since it's November, the month of gratitude, I'm going to try to post at least one thing I'm grateful for, and some little victories that I've had for the day.

I'm grateful for:
  • my loving, caring husband
  • the people that don't leave me alone, no matter how much I ask them to (my mom, dad, and fam)
  • my friends
  • our ward
  • my faith
  • prayer
  • in home IV therapy
  • my picc line
  • IV anti nausea medication
  • my nurses and doctors
  • health insurance
  • healthy baby
  • fruit roll-ups
  • oranges
  • strawberries
  • popsicles
  • Harry Potter audiobooks online
  • texting
  • pictures and movies of silly nieces and nephews
  • Netflix
There's a whole lot more, but I'll save some for the rest of the month. Now that I've got some good bases covered, we can get into te really silly things I seem to be grateful for these days.

Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Kelsey Eaton said...

Oh no. :(

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. That sounds miserable.

Kels & Tim

jeni a. said...

Ohh Abbs! For real??? I am SO SO sorry. Way. to. be. grateful. Wow, you've really impressed me - that's hard when going through tough stuff, especially health issues. Love you, sweet girl.

GrannyLanny said...

So sorry you've been so sick. Wow, I've not heard of morning sickness being that bad. Hope you start to feel better soon...it's nice to know that you'll get a sweet baby as your reward.