As some of you may know, we are expecting a little bundle of joy in May, and we're announcing it this early because my morning sickness is hard to hide.
On Friday night, after a week of keeping NOTHING down, losing around 8 lbs and feeling completely dehydrated, we decided to have a date night in the ER.
At the ER they gave me a bunch of fluid and some sweet anti nausea meds through an IV, did an ultrasound, and sent me home with a perscription and a diagnosis.
The Diagnosis: Hyperemesis gravidarum, which basically means severe vomiting during pregnancy, and it can range greatly in seriousness and duration from what I've come to learn.
For me, this means throwing up every time I eat or drink anything and trying to choke down and keep down anti nausea medication so I keep something down. I hope this starts to get better. I'll update you more later...
...if I feel so inclined.
No comments:
Post a Comment