Saturday, April 16, 2011

Time to put my runn:ng shoes back on...

This week my dad had his 53rd birthday, and I was all caught up in school to keep up with my birthday blog postiness.
But this week for his birthday, he asked all of us to run 3 miles. Kind of a funny birthday wish, don't you think? It's not really all that strange if you know my dad.
Today I put my running shoes on for the first time (with the intent to run) in a long time. I can't even remember when I last went for a run.

It started out as a run and ended up being a lot of walk and some run. Which is ok. It's always hardest to begin, or at least it seems that way to me.
In honor of my Daddio, here are some photos of us together at running events.

My first marathon in 2004 (age 14), I ran with my dad the whole way. 
Coolest experience!

Second marathon in 2009 (age 19), I ran mostly by myself, but ran into dad a few times.
Pretty much our whole family ran that year, it was awesome!

Here we all are, in varying degrees of pain, discomfort and emotion.
Laura had serious morning sickness the whole time, Avery and I battled cramps,
Austin was Laura's cheerleader/support group, I think Annaca did well... I can't remember
Travis (not pictured) finished way before any of us and needed to get home to the kiddies,
Ally (also not pictured) was up at State Tennis and ran the Utah Valley Marathon a few months previous,
and my dad battled some serious knee and back pain (which he never really mentioned) and is the toughest guy I know.
Love you all! But especially love you Dad! Happy Birthday week!

No comments: