Thursday, May 8, 2008

Track Meet

Abbie and Bob in the St. George Marathon 2004
So today I went for the first time to watch the Region Track Meet, and it was fun. It motivated me to start running again, I've been working out more lately, but I've avoided running. Today I regained all the respect I have for those runners, throwers, and jumpers. Wow! Lots of guts, talent and hard work goes into that sport, or just lots of guts to get out there and perform in front a stadium of onlookers and peers. SCARY! Ha! I was on the track team once... for like three weeks... yeah I was a Freshman and slow. My athletic ability hadn't peaked yet, and when I actually started getting faster two years later while training for a half marathon, I became very involved and didn't have enough time to train. Hmmm... maybe my time will come someday. I hope so, my dad did sign my sister and I up for the marathon, so maybe I'll take advantage of that goal opportunity. Maybe one day I will break some of my PR's. :)

6 comments:

Brooke Wheeler said...

Hi this is Brooke your little behive friend! Come on my blog! www.brookiespp.blogspot.com my email is snaps_for_brooke@hotmail.com
Get on mine! yours is waaay cute!

Annaca said...

Abbs, Thanks for the kind works (you got me all choked up). Your such a sweet heart and you inspire me! Plus, I love that pic of you and Dad. Hey, you wanna go running later :)

Anonymous said...

You inspire me! I don't know how you look so good this far into the marathon! Your amazing

Cameron and Michelle said...

Hi Abby-it's Michelle Kelsch. Running isn't my favorite right now. It is more frustrating than anything but I guess I have a good reason-right? It is hard not to be inspired by other runners when you know how great it feels.

Anonymous said...

Abbie - Way to go! I truly wish I could run! I am so glad that you started a blog! I am happy to be able to stay in touch with you! I miss my old ward at times! email me your email at artichokendj@yahoo.com so I can invite you to my blog!
P.S. Tell Brooke Wheeler I want an invite!

Allison Nelson said...

Hi Abbie! I'm a relatively new blogger myself. Congrats on graduation from Dixie. What are your post high school plans? I'm in Italy for seven weeks, starting today. I've abandoned Peter, but our marriage is still fabuolous.
Ciao!