Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bad Habits

So I have this thing I like to do that I've been developing in my almost 3 years of college. It's called not showering. Yeah, you're probably thinking, "SICK," and not the good kind.

Just kidding.

I love showers, I shower ALL the time,
but I don't always wash my hair.

Actually I've been told by a bunch of hair know-it-alls that it's good for your hair to not be washed every day. So it's not a bad habit at all, I should prolly change the name of this post, but I guarantee that "Bad Habits" might be more intriguing of a title than say "Hairdo Secrets."

But... yeah, this is way so much fun, mostly because I tend to like sleep more than my doing my hairdo. Usually it's all tied up on these no wash days, sometimes looks like crap a little bit...

But don't worry:

My lovely sister Annaca taught me this trick that helps with this "hair looks like crap" dilemma that I have on a regular basis. She says, "Just put on a little make up, lip gloss and some cute earings, and you're good to go.

3 comments:

Sara K.S. Hanks said...

Oo, hygiene secrets. Saucy. =) From what I know, washing your hair and even showering daily is a very American thing. It's not great for your hair OR your skin. Like you, I'm not keen on shampooing it up every single day; it seems like a waste of time and water to me, in addition to just being bad for my hair and drying it out. I tend to go two or three days between washing. NO SHAME, GIRL! SAY IT LOUD & PROUD! =)

Sally said...

I love your sisters idea. Mainly because I like to fool myself into believing the same thing. Only in addition to the dangly earrings I have some gorgeous greasy hair strands plastered to my face that are shinning just like the lip gloss. I know...I'm a model...

Annaca said...

So, I think you should have included in this post, your love for showerbaths. That's right it's one word: showerbath. Kind of like backpack. Separately back and pack are 2 totally different things, but together... magic. Anyway, just a thought as I re-read this post and wished I had a new post to read. Ho hum.

PS: Incase it's totally not clear, I've had sick kids for about 100 weeks straight, and I may or may not be completely sleep deprived. That's all.

PPS: When you get married (either in the near future or not. I'm not assuming anything, or jumping to conclusions, or anything like that. Whatever. Back off!) But when you get married, you should have kids RIGHT AWAY. Then we can enjoy each other's personality changes that come from sleep deprivation! Yay. Fun.

Ok, I"m done commenting...or not.. Someone better just pull this keyboard away from me or I'm pretty certain I'll just keep going, and going, and go...

You miss me, huh!