Monday, December 13, 2010

Miracle of the Day: Knocking and Opening






Lately I've been thinking a bunch about the predicament
I seem to be in trying to figure out
my registration for next semester
at UVU.
So much frustration
and hopelessness before me.
Today I decided
I needed to be more proactive
and make a few phone calls
and devise my game plan.
I just needed to get ONE
more class.

3Nephi14:7 says:Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

So heeding 3Nephi, I got down
on my knees
and explained myself and my situation
to my Heavenly Father.
After the prayer,
I decided to look up the different options
for this class (there have been NO spots available in this class for WEEKS).

This is where the miracle happens: There was ONE opening for the ONE class I needed,
with the EXACT time and teacher I wanted.

I know our Heavenly Father heard and answered my prayer. I also know answers don't always come in this fashion, but this was the little bit of encouragement I needed today.
I know He'll send blessings if we will strive do our best and just "ask" and "knock."

Alma37:37 says:Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day

If you'd like to learn more about this, click here.
Merry Christmas, and Peace and Love!!

1 comment:

Jacks said...

Congrats! I know that UVU is really packed right now, making registration difficult for all. That's great news.

Are you going to study nursing there? It will be fun to have you closer.....