Friday, September 3, 2010

Sometimes I think in poems...


Not Perfect

You aren’t perfect,
But that’s ok.
You aren’t perfect,
But
I love you
Anyway.
Instead I love the things about
You
That aren’t so perfect.
I love the way your hair curls
All over wherever
It
Wants.
And how you love to be
Tickled even though you
Pretend you
Don’t like it
At all.
I love how
You think you’re so
Right
and
Often you are, but
Sometimes
You’re not,
I love watching you eat your
Words
Because you do
It so well.
I love that you love what
I love,
Except vegetables and
Wheat pasta and
You promise to never
Eat them.
Don’t worry, you’ll look
Good eating those too.
I love how your
Smile
Is just
A little bit
Crooked,
It warms my heart oh
So
Much.
I love when that crooked smile
And your squinty eyes
Look at me.
Because I can tell
That
You love me
And
Think I’m pretty perfect.
Even though,
I’m not.
You aren’t what I
Would have thought to have
Picked.
And you aren’t
Perfect.
But that’s ok
Because that’s why
I love you.

No comments: